Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Broken dryer...

I will start with this: It really could be worse.

Yesterday, my dryer died. Really died. It has been dying for awhile. It started with a person having to hold in the "start" button extra long before the dryer kicked on. And then, for about two weeks, a person would have to manually move the inside of the dryer around for a bit before you could get it to kick on and work. But yesterday, I tried these amazing techniques only to smell smoke. And have a pile of wet clothes.

The smell made me nervous, so I manually kicked the breaker. And then opened a window.

And then, hung my clothes up to dry. When was the last time you have done this?

Well, I do it often, but not with clothes. Diapers are great to hang in the sun. It's a natural bleach, and makes them smell so good. The sun whitens the diapers while killing bacteria.

But I have a confession. Since I have had two kids in diapers and the days are still with limited sunshine, I have only had a few opportunities to get the diapers out in the sun. Even then, I have had to toss the inserts into the dryer because they aren't quite dry when I need them. I have plenty of diapers for both kids, but not that many.

I still have plenty of clean diapers, but by tonight, it will be wash time. Hopefully they will dry overnight if I hang them up. I may just have to use the hair dryer on a few for the morning;)

But still, it could be worse: It could be the washer that is broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment