Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sized or one-size?

Do you prefer sized diapers, or the one-size dipes?

I chose the OS because I didn't want to have to keep purchasing new diapers. Still, my diapers are almost two years old, and I just recently ordered replacement tabs (we use hook and look closure) in hopes of getting a few more years out of them.

The problem? I don't sew. Soooooooo..... I am either going to have to hand-sew them on (would that be strong enough? I don't know.) or find someone to help out:) Or just keep looking at the bright new tabs unattached to the dipes. Useless.

I don't think this would have been a problem if I had used the sized dipes. Or the snaps. But snaps never seem to be the right fit for my kid. And she is pretty squirmy so I have more difficulty with diaper changes than I do with my trusted Velcro.

Anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I saw this post and I had to comment. I much prefer the sized diapers. I have quite a few one-size but I just think that sized diapers fit better over all. Yes, you have to buy a few more but you don't use them as long and you can use them on more kids. Where as one-size takes a lot more wear with one kid.
    As for the tabs...do you know anyone that can machine sew? I think the tabs might work hand sewn but they would last much longer if they are machine sewn. I make my own laundry tabs out of loop closures (I have a whole post about it) and I've found my closures last a lot longer than if I use the provided laundry tabs. Snaps are OK but I really like hook and loop (velcro) but with that comes some extra work. Well, let me know how it goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input! I am learning to use my machine, and just tonight completed my first replacement! I LOVE IT! It is just like a brand new diaper!
    I prefer the aplix to snaps, too. I have some snaps, and they get the job done, but I love the fit of my old Velcro!

    ReplyDelete