Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Too many diapers

Before I chose which diapers I wanted to use, I was overwhelmed with all the choices and lingo. Cloth diapers sure aren't the pin diapers that my mom used on me. They are modern, slim and constantly evolving. Lucky for me, my sister had cloth diapered two of her children (and, btw, is CDing her twin boys right now, and loves it!). She used several different types of diapers and was able to offer some insight with which diapers I might like.
I went with the Bum Genius 3.0, and we have really liked them. They are a one size diaper (meaning they grow with the kid) that models 'sposies as to how you put them out. I knew we didn't want to keep purchasing more and more cloth throughout my kid's time in diapers, so the fact that they have different settings were great. The fact that they are easy to use are even better; my lovely husband now has no excuses to not get hands on with changes!
I have recommended them to several people, and unfortuantely they haven't worked well with everyone.
In the past year that I have been CDing, people have continued to come out with better and better diapers.
The problem with where I live is there isn't really a place to see the diapers before you purchase them, and the only way to buy them is online.
When I heard about diaperparties.com from a friend who is looking to explore CDing with her little bean, I knew this was something that could help our area.
Diaperparties.com supplies a variety of diapers for a mom and dad to see, feel, play with, practice on dolls with, or whatever, before they buy them. You can host a party and get your friends involved, too. I am hoping this will fulfill a need here in West Virginia by answering the hundreds of questions that moms usually have for me when they found out my babe is sporting cloth. I am awaiting my diaper kit from them, so we shall see.

2 comments:

  1. The diaper parties sound like a really good idea.... and with a much more useful outcome than say all those candle or jewelry parties people seem to have all the time. I bet you can get a lot of contacts through MOPS, etc.... good luck with your new venture!!! If I ever have a kid I will know where to start! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady! I'm your newest follower! :)
    Check out my blog... www.knoxvillemiche.blogspot.com

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete